(starting with the graduating class of 2019)
- To graduate from CCA High School, a student must earn 32 credits from grades 9 through 12. One credit is earned for passing a course that meets three to five days per week in two semesters. One-half credit is earned for passing a course that meets two days per week in two semesters.
- Seniors must be enrolled in eight credits of approved coursework.
- The director may amend the credits listed in guidelines number one and two to keep graduation requirements current with course changes approved by the Calvary Christian Academy Board.
- Students who are transferring to CCA High School from another school or home school may receive credit for work completed previously when Calvary Christian Academy receives sufficient documentation of their previous work. The director is authorized to accept this work toward CCA High School graduation requirements provided the work is of similar nature, i.e., similar course objectives and similar time of study.
- Transferring high school students may receive credit for work completed previously at another school when Calvary Christian Academy receives sufficient documentation of their previous work. The director is authorized to accept this work toward CCA High School graduation requirements provided the work is of similar nature, i.e., similar course objectives and similar time of study. Transfer students may have to substitute elective credits for CCA graduation credit requirements if previous course study did not include specific courses required by CCA, i.e., Bible, Rhetoric, etc.
- Students who have failed a course at CCA High School may petition for a waiver of individual graduation requirements. The petition will be reviewed by the curriculum committee.
- Upon written request of the parents, the director may waive or reduce up to two course credits for students who have academic difficulty, subject to the following conditions: the student is a long-time CCA student; the parents have demonstrated a clear commitment to their child’s education by working with Calvary Christian Academy teachers and administrators; the parents and director agree that the work required is too difficult for the child in question.
- Participation in CCA sports can earn high school credit of one semester per season in each sport.
CCA High School Graduation Requirements
- Bible – 4 Units
- English – 4 Units
- History – 4 Units
- Logic/Rhetoric/Apologetics – 4 Units
- Math – 4 Units
- Science – 4 Units
- Fine Arts – 1 Unit
- Physical Education – 1 Unit
- Health – ½ Unit
- Community Service – 2 Units
- Electives – 2 ½ Units
- Dual/Concurrent Class* – 1 Unit
* WITH APPROVAL FROM ADMINISTRATION
Grade Promotion Requirements
In order to be promoted to the next grade, students must earn the following number of credits:
- to 10th grade (Sophomore) – 8 credits
- to 11th grade (Junior) – 16 credits
- to 12th grade – 22 credits