- Fostering positive work habits, personal responsibility, and respectful relationships in students
- Providing an avenue of communication among teachers and administrators regarding student performance and behavior
- Providing an avenue of communication with parents/guardians regarding student performance and behavior
- School staff may issue demerits (through the online grading system) to students for various infractions as determined and amended by the staff.
- On Fridays, a designated staff member will tally the demerits for the current week (Monday through Friday).
- Parents/guardians will be immediately notified if their child must serve detention during the following week.
- Detention will be served during lunch recesses totaling sixty minutes and will consist of helping to clean the cafeteria, etc.
- Accumulation of 3 demerits during the week or 10 demerits during the nine-weeks will require the student to serve detention.
- Upon completion of detention, students will begin each week with a clean slate.
- Infractions and demerits Demerits are given beginning in first grade. All teachers and staff have the authority to give demerits to students.
- Tardiness (1) demerit
- Late assignment (1) demerit
- Not having the assigned school supplies at the beginning of class (1) demerit
- Failure to follow the dress code (1) demerit
- Handbook violations (such as gum, cell phone, etc.) (1) demerit
- Failure to follow directions (1) demerit
- Cheating/copying (3) demerits
- Lying (3) demerits
- Disobedience (3) demerits
- Blatant Disrespect (3) demerits
Three (3) detentions in a nine-week period will result in an in-school suspension.
IV. In-School Suspension Guidelines
- If a third in-school suspension is required, the student will be expelled.
- During the in-school suspension, students will be required to do the assigned school work for the day. All assignments must be turned in on time.